Monday, February 20, 2012

Managing to Clear My MInd

I have uncovered several techniques and tried them all to help manage my time. I have decided to chose the hardest days to be my day off work and also managed to pick up more hours in the math lab. I fell that writing done what I have to do and what I need to do have helped me establish a pattern that works for me. I still haven't had time for me I guess it shouldn't matter because all my hard work will pay off in the future, but I fell like a time for me has to be established somewhere in the the mix to help me clear my mind.

Although work is very steady with no down time if I eat in between leaving school it will hold me over tell I get off late eat a sneak tell I get off and use my 45 minute lunch to catch up on my netflix or do a little shopping at the store that is hard to get to during the day but are near my job. I also found that if I start using my calender to schedule what needs to be done through out the week it really helps. I

I want to get healthy, but its not a change in a diet alone its a change in lifestyle as well. I guess its hard because in between lunch and work its so easy to pick something up on the go then it is to make something when your barely making it to class in morning on time. I guess I could make my food at night but it would require me to get out of class on time to make it to my job site enough time to eat it up and eat it. Its kind of hard to come to work early and eat because they are always busy and they beg you to clock in early. I guess I could get a salad or substitute my carbs and chose better off the menu, but eating healthy alone is only a start when can I go to the gym. I found this gym that stays open 24 hours but motivation have been on of my weakness. First I think I will try running in my neighborhood then maybe I will spend money at a gym.
I get off work early on Sunday's so I sat up all my bills that need to be paid through out the week with a schudle like mine something is liable not to get paid. I am proud of myself I fell like the schedule is coming togather pretty soon I will have the full layout of a semester time management tool learn, party and look good will be the name of it.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate. I have never been a full time student AND a full time employee before now. When I took the job I convinced myself "I'm young, I can do this." I quickly learned you can only go so far without eating or sleeping like a normal person. Two months into this new full time position I found myself in the ER. I'm still working and still in school but I've made myself a priority. I also have minimum time to eat so I started drinking nutritional shakes if I know I won't be able to get an actual meal down. It's not the best but it holds me over and atleast I know I'm getting some of the nutrients I need. I've also learned to say no a little more often and my scheding/time management has gotten pretty good. You just got to find what works for you. Good luck and keep up the good work. It will, eventually, pay off (I hope)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started to read the first line here, I was wondering, "techniques of what"? Make sure to proofread this section, especially the last part. This feels rushed--and it's exactly related to your topic to force yourself into new habits...to slow down enough to knock out of the park any weekly post, especially with the great ideas you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time efficiency is key in college. Especially when you have a job and school like you do. It is easy, for me at least, to use any spare time to just relax and do nothing. When you mention using your break it can be highly productive because you are already out of the house and you have a time limit. My latest blog on push-ups, deals with minimal time and no gym membership. It is for building muscle but if you cut down on the amount you can add lots of tone and strength to your upper body and core health. It works well in minimal free time. Running as well like you mention! I hope your schedule gets on lock within the next couple of semesters. Good habits will take you a long way.

    ReplyDelete