Monday, February 13, 2012

To Relationship or not to Relationship

Did you know? While 75% of chocolate purchases are made by women all year long, during the days and minutes  before Valentine's Day, 75% of the chocolate purchases are made by men.  Over $1billion of chocolate is purchased for Valentine's Day.

I have been for single for about a year now and it's not that bad. I don't really think about a relationship maybe only around this time of the year. Valentines day that is.(This link has a little knowledge on the holiday)
"Valentine's Day is a celebration of love and lovers. The roots of Valentine's Day goes back to ancient times, when people paid honor to the Roman God of Fertility. This was known as the Feast of Lupercalia, and was celebrated even then on February 14th".
I guess this day only matters when you have someone to love. In that case it just another day filled with hopes that one day you will be able to share it with someone you love.

 Another milestone in my busy life. While going to school and working I really didn't have time to meet a nice guy. If I did have a guy threw out the year I'm pretty sure I ran him off famous words of my ex " You never have time for me". I guess I have time to find that special someone, but for now I am doomed to be alone. Men are a job alone so adding one in my life means not only do I have a full time job and in school full time that means I would have two full time jobs.

I think I may have came up with a solution on being single. I will just be single until I finish my degree. I recently found that studies say women believe that dating is the same as being in a relationship. I can date without titles being given. As long as the the opposite sex has the same intention from the start., Friends first is always a good thing, you able to grow together first then when you have accomplished what is needed to be accomplished you move to the next step.


"About Valentine's Day, History of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine and Cupid from Holiday Insights." 2012 February Holiday Fun, about February Holidays, Much More! Holiday Insights. Web. 13 Feb. 2012. http://www.holidayinsights.com/valentine

1 comment:

  1. I can completely agree on the fact that dating can be more of a job. Being in college and working it hard to find time for yourself, let alone another person. But the idea of being friends before dating is probably the smartest thing anyone could do.

    It's sad to think that valentines day is taken so seriously when it comes to what we spend our money on and how much. And for singles it's not truely on the top of our list for favorite holidays.

    ReplyDelete